Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Fish Two Fish Dead Fish....Dead Tire...

Bruce the Betta died yesterday. Read my previous post for the story. I was kinda bummed about that. But honestly, it's a betta so it wasn't going to live for a decade or anything. Yeah I know some people have had those things for years at a time, but I really wasn't expecting Bruce to last too long.

After work I went to pick up my brother from his job. When I walked out to my car I noticed my tire was a little low. My insides turned over just a little b/c of the recent bad luck I've been having with tires. Especially since I just bought that tire from Discount Tire Co no more than a month ago. Me being the idiot that I am, I didn't stop at the gas station to put air in there. To be honest I was scared the tire would blow up in my face again. That would not have been good, especially since I don't have a spare tire because that pretty much exploded too. (Remember bad luck with tires lately?)

I went to pick him up then drove around in a few circles trying to find a parking spot at the exotic pet store down the street from his job. I didn't find anything but I did see a few cool birds that were making cool noises.

After we left, we're on our way home and, you guessed it, my tire went totally flat. We turned onto a residential street and I'm thinking maybe if I drive real slow, I'll be able to make it to a gas station to put some air in there. I move about five feet and the sound of my tire folding over itself is fairly obvious so I stop and start thinking what I should do.

Good old Eric answered my call and came to the rescue and loaned me his spare tire. It took him, myself, and my brother to change my tire. I ended up putting my new to me jack in the wrong spot and put a nice little hole in the bottom of my car, causing a nice little fabric bubble right by the brake pedal. My crappy jack ended up stuck in the hole. Mondy stopped by to pick up my brother so they could go to the baseball game and he had to power house the crappy jack out of the hole. So in answer to the question "How many mexicans does it take to change a tire on a 1995 Mazda MX6?" Four.

Story update coming soon.

No comments: